Unneeded file in source code

Jan 11, 2009 at 5:29 AM
I have this installed on my site, http://www.ocdprogrammer.com, and it is so far working well.

However, no need for the App_Data in the DNBE folder.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 5:37 AM
I left that in because it is required to have this folder for the solution to work.  When the module fires up the first time it auto-generates a config file (GateKeeper.config) and a blacklist file (GateKeeper.xml) in that folder.  If the folder doesn't exist, or if the service account doesn't have modify rights then the module bombs out.  So for that reason I thought I should leave it in...

You think I should remove it?
Jan 11, 2009 at 6:03 AM
No...  because if I remember correctly, DNBE allows you to change the location of the data.

Which leads into the DNBE issue in general.  Is it possible to do some search to see if dnbe is in the bin directory, and if so... hook into it, otherwise run stand alone with the directories you expect.  By hooking into DNBE you'd be able to do two things:
1. Allow you to get mail settings.
2. Allow you to get the custom app_data location.
Coordinator
Jan 11, 2009 at 7:59 AM
My plan for that was to use an DNBE extension to hook into the eventhandlers of GateKeeper.  I think there is already an eventhandler before the module runs so an extension could hook into that point at change the matching properties, like email information, to use the DNBE settings...    I just haven't gotten that far yet. 

I guess I could change the code to allow the administrator to change the working path, it just seemed natural to use the App_Data folder.