SMTP why twice?

Jan 14, 2009 at 7:50 AM
I see in the BlogEngine version you have to configure the SMTP, but we already have SMTP configured in the settings.

Why do this again?
Jan 14, 2009 at 11:42 AM
In my conversations with Chris this is a two part answer.
1. This is not a DNBE extension.  It works with DNBE, but it is not solely designed for it.  This can be plugged into any asp.net website.
2. Writing a way to tie into DNBE data is in the works. 
Coordinator
Jan 17, 2009 at 5:24 AM
Thanks ckincincy for posting this information.  I have completed the hook in and added it to the BlogEngine.NET download file.  If you notice on the Release page the file GateKeeper v1.0 for BlogEngine.zip has been updated to GateKeeper v1.1 for BlogEngine.zip.  The main difference is the inclusion of a new file HttpModule file named GateKeeperHook.cs.  This file goes into your ~/App_Data folder and must be referenced in your ~/web.config file in the HttpModules section, preferably right below the GateKeeper module reference.

Once you have loaded this file and updated the registry GateKeeper will read the SMTP configuration data right from BlogEngine.NET and you won't need to update it in GateKeeper's config page anymore.  Please let me know if you run into any unkown issues.

Cheers!

Chris